Reimagine the delivery
The second core model leverages education, marketing, and patient activation practices to drive program design in ways that make them quick, easy, and impactful.
Through micro-learning instructional design principles, our “Captivate, Educate, Activate” model incorporates incremental steps to establish healthy habits rather than overemphasizing decontextualized data and scientific facts.
- Captivate – create engagement and establish context
- Educate – disseminate key information in ‘chunked’, easily-digestible fashion
- Activate – drive application outside the educational setting
Additionally, since students are inundated with unhealthy influences (i.e. fast food) from multiple channels, fit resources are developed to be used in multiple environments to reinforce healthy messages and actions.
- fit posters and fit4schools daily calendars promote healthy actions.
- fitBoost and the fitFlow (Yoga) cards guide quick activities.
- fit4schools weekly lessons and challenges can be used in the classroom to encourage kids to drink water, get their sleep, decrease use of electronics, and more.
- fitClub is used as part of PE class or after-school programs.
fit school resources have reached classrooms and gyms in all 50 states. Childcare programs have been used by thousands of providers, while online resources have engaged over 20M visitors.
fit, created by Sanford Health, is a community health initiative focused on combatting childhood obesity and preventing chronic disease through early and persistent education and activation. This initiative was developed to influence behavior change and the adoption of healthy habits linked to improved nutrition choices, increased physical activity, increased energy levels, and improved motivation, attitude, and emotional response.
To learn more about these free resources, visit www.Sanfordfit.org.